Hi! In full disclosure, we may earn money from companies (like Amazon) mentioned in this post if you make a purchase through our links. Thanks in advance for the support!
Who makes EMI mini-split systems?
EMI mini split systems are designed for extra comfort and quiet operation. They are compactly designed and as such are appropriate for any interior application. EMI mini splits come with a slew of advanced features and can act as a heat pump, making them a great year-round cooling and heating solution.
So, who makes EMI mini-split systems? ECR International owns the EMI brand, which offers an impressive line of ductless mini splits.
Continue reading to find out more about EMI mini splits and why you should consider them if you are installing a new cooling and heating solution in your home.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Top Features of EMI Mini Split
Here are some of the main features of EMI mini splits:
- Inverter Technology: EMI mini split units use the inverter compressor technology. The compressor automatically adjusts its speed to match the desired comfort level, initially speeding up to reach the room temperature set by you quickly and then slowing the speed to maintain the desired room temperature. Inverter compressors are more energy-efficient compared to single speed compressors and help lower the operating costs.
- Energy Rated: Most EMI mini split units are energy rated, which means they are good for your wallet as well as the environment.
- Low Ambient Cooling and Heating: EMI units offer year-round cooling and heating, making them a good choice for light commercial applications, such as computer server rooms.
- Zones: EMI offers both single zone and multi zone mini split systems. Whether you want to cool and heat one room or your entire home, EMI mini splits can be a great choice.
- Quiet Operation: All EMI mini split units are designed for low-decibel performance. So, how quiet these units are? Generally, they are as quite as a whisper. With an EMI mini split, you will not have to worry about any kind of obtrusive noise.
- Turbo Mode: The turbo mode allows your air-con to quickly heat or cool your indoor space.
- Wi-Fi Compatibility: EMI mini splits are compatible with after-market Wi-Fi controllers, allowing you to control and manager your air-con from anywhere in the home.
- Sleep Mode: The sleep mode helps cut down the energy costs even while you are sleeping. Once the Sleep Mode is selected, the EMI mini split automatically increases the temperature gradually up to a certain limit. Since we don’t notice a small uptick in temperature while asleep, your comfort will not be compromised but you will reduce your monthly energy bill without doing anything.
- Auto-restart Function: After a temporary power failure, the EMI mini split restarts in the last mode.
- 24-Hour Timer: With an EMI mini split, you can set various timer-based operations, control the fan speed, start and stop at specific times, and do much more.
- Refrigerant Leakage Detection: EMI mini split units have the ability to automatically detect refrigerant leak. Why is that important? A refrigerant leak is one of the most common causes of breakdown. Also, if the refrigerant level is low, your mini split will not able to cool or heat properly. Emi mini splits alert you whenever the refrigerant falls below an acceptable level. This in turn allows you to take corrective action (namely, getting the refrigerant refilled) so that the compressor doesn’t get damaged.
- Anti-corrosive Fin Coating: This coating protects the condenser from rusting. This in turn minimizes the wear and tear and improves its lifespan.
- Follow Me Technology: EMI mini split modes include the “Follow Me” feature. Basically, your remote also functions as a thermostat and sends the temperature reading to the indoor unit. Consequently, the indoor unit receives a far more accurate reading than provided by the wall thermostat. This, in turn, helps it to ensure more stable temperatures. Simply keep remote near you, and you air-con will make sure the ambient temperature is exactly what you have set.
In addition to these from these, Emi mini splits offer many useful features.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Energy Star Certification of EMI Mini Split
What does this mean?
All EMI mini split models are energy rated. This basically means them using them will help you reduce your energy-related expenses compared to a non-rated mini split.
Advantages of Owning an EMI Mini Split
Some of the main advantages of installing an EMI mini split are:
- EMI mini splits are energy rated and help you reduce operational costs.
- All EMI mini splits use an inverter compressor, which is more energy efficient compared to single compressor.
- EMI offers both single zone and multi zone units. Whatever your cooling and heating needs are, you are likely to find a suitable EMI product.
- EMI mini splits are compatible with after-market Wi-Fi controllers, giving you the freedom to control your unit from anywhere in the home.
- EMI uses durable and quality materials for its mini splits. That means with proper care they can last a long time, up to 15 years or even more, especially if you live in a non-coastal area.
- EMI mini splits come with a range of advanced features, including the Turbo mode, the Sleep Mode, and the Follow Me Technology.
Why Would You Want to EMI Mini Split Systems?
Respectable Brand Name
EMI brand offers a full range of ductless mini split air conditioning systems. These units are suitable for both cooling only and heat pump applications. EMI mini splits deliver exceptional performance and are also energy-efficient. They are suitable for both spot and zone conditioning not only in residential applications but also light commercial applications.
EMI mini splits are energy certified, without exception. If you use an EMI mini split, you can expect smart energy savings.
Some EMI mini splits can also function as heat pump systems. These units boast solid cooling and heating capabilities.
EMI mini splits don’t make much noise. In fact, they are almost as quiet as a whisper.
Refrigerant Leakage Detection
Several mini split errors can be traced back to a low refrigerant level. If the mini split is low on the refrigerant, not only it will not cool and heat properly but it can breakdown. With mini split repairs often being costly, we are sure that is the last thing you would want. With an EMI mini split, you won’t have to worry about your mini split breaking down due to low refrigerant levels. That’s because the unit can diagnose on its own when the refrigerant level drops below a certain threshold and alert you so that you can have it refilled.
Frequently Asked Questions about EMI mini splits?
Is EMI good for mini splits?
EMI mini splits are energy-rated, last a long time, provide year-round cooling and heating, and are reasonably priced. All in all, they have much going for them and no wonder are very popular.
How long do EMI mini splits last?
EMI mini splits are very durable and can easily last up to 15 years. But keep in mind that several factors affect your air-con’s longevity. Therefore, make sure you select a mini split that is appropriate for your room size and get it serviced on a regular basis (once or twice a year).
From where you can buy EMI mini split?
You can buy an EMI mini split from one of their sales rep. Visit their website to locale a sales rep in your area.