Hi! In full disclosure, we may earn money from companies (like Amazon) mentioned in this post if you make a purchase through our links. Thanks in advance for the support!
Who makes carrier mini-split systems?
Want to renovate an existing space or convert your garage into a usable living area? If so, a min-split system is a good choice. However, keep in mind that not all mini-split brands are equal. If you are looking for a well-known brand that produces high-quality, yet reasonably-priced mini splits, Carrier is one name that should be in your list. Carrier has an impeccable reputation for producing quality HVAC systems for more than 100 years. All its air conditioning units, including its mini splits, are energy-efficient and powerful. Plus, each one of them lasts a long time with regular
So, who makes Carrier Mini Split Systems? Carrier mini splits are designed in partnership with Toshiba. These two are separate companies but they share technology. Carrier mini splits are made in Monterey, Mexico. The brand Carrier goes back a long way. In 1902, its founder, Willis Carrier, designed the first modern air conditioner. Earlier Carrier was a subsidiary of United Technologies, but it became an independent company in 2020.
Keep on reading to find out the top features of Carrier mini split units and why you should consider owning one.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Top Features of Carrier Mini Split
Carrier mini split systems come packed with user-friendly features. These include:
- Solid SEER rating – Carrier mini splits have an impressive SEER rating, with most models in its product range having a SEER rating of 20 or thereabouts, which is considered high by most HVAC experts. Carrier’s premium range (Infinity) boasts a SEER rating of up to 42, which is exceptionally good.
- Quiet operation – If you are someone who hates noisy air conditioners, Carrier mini split might be a good choice. All its models function at low decibel levels. In layman’s terms, they are as quiet as a whisper or even quieter.
- Follow me – With Carrier units, you enjoy superior temperature control. The “follow me” feature senses the ambient temperature through the handheld remote.
- Dry mode – Carrier mini split units dehumidify the indoor air without impacting the indoor temperature. Goodbye humidity-related issues!
- Relative Humidity Sensor – Thanks to relative humidity sensor, you can easily customize humidity levels. This, in turn, gives you complete control over the mini split system and also helps you reduce the monthly energy bill.
- Occupancy Sensor – This cool feature detects how many people are in a room and adjust air flow as per your needs.
- Built-in Wi-Fi – Thanks to a built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can control the temperature and other settings of your mini split from anywhere. In short, you enjoy complete access to the mini split system and can save precious time during temperature adjustments.
In addition to these, Carrier mini split offer several innovative features.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Energy Star Certification of Carrier Mini Split
What does this mean?
Carrier’s mini split systems have impressively high SEER ratings. As a result of which, they perform at optimum efficiency compared to other brands that have lower SEER ratings. Most Carrier mini splits have a SEER rating in the range of 20, which means they can help you cut down your energy spending by at least 30%. However, high-end Carrier models, like its Infinity series, have much higher SEER ratings to help you save even more. For example, some Infinity models have a SEER rating of up to 48, which is just about as good as it gets.
Advantages of Owning a Carrier Mini Split
Some of the main benefits you enjoy when you install a Carrier mini split system are:
- You save energy compared to brands with low SEER ratings. Because Carrier models, in general, have high SEER ratings, they cost less to run.
- Carrier offers a full range of mini split systems. That means you can easily find a model that best matches your needs, budget, and personal preferences.
- Many Carrier models have built-in Wi-Fi, meaning you can control the system from anywhere.
- Carrier offers 10-year warranty on its mini splits, which is more than what many other brands offer.
- All Carrier models are made from quality materials, so you can expect them to easily last more than 15 years with regular maintenance
- Carrier mini splits offer efficient cooling and heating
Why Would You Want to Buy Carrier Mini Split Systems?
Solid Brand Name
Did you know that Carrier is among the leading producers of HVAC products in the world?
Carrier’s founder, Willis Carrier, was the first man to ever develop a modern air conditioning system way back in 1902. For a long time, Carrier has been producing high-quality, energy-efficient mini splits. Carrier offers a superb range of mini split systems geared to fit every budget. Its lineup of 16 HVAC systems is one of the most impressive and includes some of the most energy-efficient mini splits available in the market.
Impressive SEER Rating
SEER ratings a fair marker of how energy efficient a mini split is. The higher the SEER rating, the more energy a unit will save. According to experts, a SEER rating of 20 is pretty good and such a system can reduce your energy spending by 30% to 50% compared to a non-SEER rated system. Most Carrier models have a SEER rating of 20 and thereabouts, which is saying something. But it is its Infinity series that really shines when it comes to energy efficiency. Some infinity models boast as high a SEER rating as 48!
Carrier mini split systems can also function as heat pump systems. All Its units have impressive heating capabilities.
With Carrier, you can rest assured of a generous warranty. All its min split systems come with a 10-year parts warranty. This is much better than what many other brands offer. The average warranty period is 5-year on parts and 7-year on compressor.
No one likes an air conditioning unit that makes unwanted noise. With a Carrier mini split, you can rest easy on this count. All of its models are super-quiet, so much so that some even make less noise than a whisper!
Built in Wi-Fi
Want the freedom to control your mini split from anywhere in the house? Thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi feature, you can fully control your mini split from anywhere using a smartphone app. Carrier mini splits also come with a “Follow me” feature. It allows your mini split to adjust the cooling according to the temperature near you. Just keep the remote control by your side, and your AC unit will do the rest.
Frequently Asked Questions about Carrier mini splits?
Is Carrier good for mini splits?
There are many mini split brands out there, but not all of them are equal. Carrier is one of the more popular ones. Carrier has been producing ductless mini splits for decades and is known for its high-quality, yet affordability priced, models. If you want an affordable mini split with a slew of advanced features, Carrier might just be the right brand for you. For more than 100 years, Carrier has been among the leading providers in the global HVAC industry. It is known to produce technologically-advanced products that are not only powerful and durable but also energy-efficient.
How long do Carrier mini splits last?
Carrier mini splits are particularly durable and can easily last up to 25 years. Having said that, several factors can undermine your mini split unit’s longevity. These include: poor maintenance, oversized system, undersized system, extreme usage, improper installation, and improper usage. If you want your Carrier mini split to last as long as possible, make sure you take its good care, which means getting it serviced at least once a year and regularly cleaning the air filters. In addition, ensure your mini split is properly installed and correctly sized.
Are Carrier mini splits quiet?
Yes, they are. Like all other top brands, Carrier offer super-quiet mini splits, making them a perfect choice for those who hate obtrusive noises. Carrier mini splits are so quiet you are not likely to notice they are running.
Is Carrier a good heat pump?
Carrier produces environmentally friendly and energy-efficient heat pumps. Plus, these heat pumps are of top quality. Without a doubt, Carrier has some of the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly, and durable heat pumps in the HVAC niche.
Who owns Carrier HVAC?
The answer is United Technologies Corporation (UTC). They acquired Carrier way back in 1979. Before the acquisition, Carrier was called the Carrier Air Conditioning Company.
From where you can buy Carrier mini split?
The best place to buy Carrier mini splits from is Amazon, although you can also buy them from big box stores, like Menards or Home Depot. Amazon is known for offering low prices on products and great deals from time to time. If you are lucky, you may be able to save a few hundred dollars on the purchase.