Hi! In full disclosure, we may earn money from companies (like Amazon) mentioned in this post if you make a purchase through our links. Thanks in advance for the support!
Who makes Midea mini-split systems?
Most homeowners agree that ductless mini split systems have many advantages over conventional air conditioners. They are more powerful, energy-efficient, and durable. However, when it comes to picking the right mini split system, many buyers are not sure about which brand to pick and this is understandable. There are dozens of high-quality brands and many other lesser-known ones, which are worth considering. If you are looking for a new cooling and heating system for your home, we recommend you add Midea to your list. Midea is a top brand in the HVAC niche and is known world over for its quality and dependable mini split systems which come packed with many innovative features.
So, who makes Midea mini split systems? Midea mini split systems are made by the Midea Group. Midea is a global brand which produces high-quality air conditioners, washers, dryers, and refrigerators. Midea mini splits are made in China and the company employs more than 100,000 workers. Midea is also headquartered in China and manufactures products for many other top brands such as Toshiba. In fact, Carrier and Toshiba use the same technology for their mini split systems.
Continue reading to find out more about Midea mini split systems, including their performance, energy-efficiency, and main features.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Top Features of Midea Mini Split
Here are some of the main features of Midea mini splits:
- Energy Efficient – Midea boasts some of the highest efficiency ratings in the HVAC industry. Some of its models are rated 40 SEER, which is extremely good. Most experts are of the opinion that a 20 SEER rating is what homeowners should aim; anything above it is a bonus. In simpler terms, with a 40 SEER rated mini split, you can reasonably expect to reduce your energy usage by at least 60% compared to a unit that is not rated.
- Occupancy Sensor – Midea mini split comes with an Occupancy sensor, a feature that is not found in all brands. In fact, only a handful of them have this feature. The occupancy feature allows your Midea mini split air conditioning system to automatically detect activity in a room and adjust the airflow to blow it either in the direction of the occupants or away from them.
- Inverter Technology – Thanks to the cutting-edge inverter technology that Midea uses in all its mini split models, they provide powerful cooling and heating while saving energy.
- Humidity Control – Midea mini splits use a smart sensor technology which allows the indoor unit to automatically detect the humidity level in a room and dehumidify it. This, in turn, ensures the humidity levels stay within permissible limits and your family doesn’t have to face various problems related to high humidity.
- Flexible Modes: Like most brands, Midea offers various modes to allow you to adjust the functioning of your mini split according to your needs. You can turn on the Sleep mode while sleeping for maximum comfort, while the Eco Mode provides extra efficiency. In addition to these two, there is a Turbo mode which when selected ensures your air-con cools or heat the room as quickly as possible.
- Wi-Fi Enabled: You can easily connect your Midea mini split to your smartphone or tablet using an app and then control it on the go.
- Zones: Midea offers the single zone and multi-zone mini splits. While the single zone units comprises one indoor and one outdoor unit, the multi-zone units have one outdoor and multiple (up to a maximum of 5) indoor units. Both single zone and multi-zone units are roughly the same size and you can place them anywhere outside your home. Plus, these outdoor units produce far less noise in comparison to conventional HVAC outdoor units.
- Quiet Operation: Midea mini splits are extremely quiet, so much so that they don’t produce more noise than a whisper.
- Warranty: Different Midea models may have different warranty periods. That said, most of them come with a 7-year warranty on the compressor and a 5-year warranty on parts. Many systems also cover labor for 12 months.
- Thermostat Options: Another notable thing about Midea mini split systems is that they are 100% compatible with several traditional thermostats. This means you may not have to buy a new thermostat. If you use a thermostat that is non-Midea, it will not impact the inverter technology.
In addition to these, Midea mini split systems boast several useful features.
CALL FOR QUOTE: 1.855.920.1857
Energy Star Certification of Midea Mini Split
What does this mean?
Across the HVAC industry, SEER rating is regarded as the most accurate marker of a unit’s energy efficiency. Simply put, the higher the SEER rating of a mini split model, the more energy it will help you conserve. Different Midea mini split models have different SEER ratings. Several of its models have a SEER rating of about 20 or higher, which is commendable. A SEER rating of 20 is considered high by most experts and can save you up to 30% to 40% energy. However, if you want to lower your energy bill as much as possible, you may want to consider Midea DLFPH model. It boasts a SEER rating of up to 40!
Advantages of Owning a Midea Mini Split
Some of the main advantages of installing a Midea mini split are as follows:
- Midea models have impressive SEER ratings, which means they not only provide great comfort but also help save energy. Some of its models can go as high as SEER 40, which is very impressive. To put things into perspective, such a unit can cut down your energy usage by half or more compared to a non-rated unit.
- Midea uses inverter compressor and as such offers quiet operation and powerful cooling and heating.
- Midea offers a wide range of mini split systems. Whether you require climate control over your entire home or a single room, Midea mini split air conditioners provide tailor-made solutions to fit different needs and budgets.
- Midea mini split systems are Wi-Fi enabled. This means you can control and manage your unit from anywhere using a smartphone app.
- Midea min splits are backed by a solid warranty. Most of its models come with a 7-year warranty on the compressor and a 5-year warranty on parts.
- Midea ductless mini splits have low operation costs, last longer (up to 15-20 years), and provide powerful cooling and heating.
- Midea mini splits can efficiently operate in a wide range of climates, from -22° F to 122° F.
Why Would You Want to Buy Midea Mini Split Systems?
Midea is a well-known name in the HVAC industry. It produces a wide range of technology-advanced and energy-efficient mini splits. In short, Midea is one name you can trust.
Midea mini split systems also functions as heat pump systems. Thanks to their strong heating performance, you can use Midea mini splits for both heating and cooling.
Energy Star Rating
Midea mini splits are energy rated, which means you will save money by using them. While different Midea models have different SEER ratings, its best models go up to SEER 40, which is extremely good.
Midea offers a warranty on all its models. Most of them have a 7-year compressor warranty and a 5-year parts warranty.
Midea mini splits include many smart features, including Wi-Fi capability. You can control your system using an Android or Apple mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions about Midea Mini Splits
Is Midea a good brand?
Midea is one of the most respected names in the HVAC industry. It produces top-quality, energy-efficient, and durable mini splits. As a matter of fact, the Midea Group also makes mini splits for Toshiba.
How long do Midea mini split last?
Midea mini splits are very durable. You can reasonably expect a Midea mini split to last as long as 20 years. That said, it is important to understand that several factors can speed up the wear and tear of your mini split. These include undersized system, poor maintenance, extreme usage, improper usage, and improper installation. If you want your mini split to stay functional for a long time, take good care of it. That means sizing it correctly, having it installed by HVAC-certified professionals, getting it serviced regularly (ideally, twice a year; if that is not possible, at least once a year), cleaning the air filters on a regular basis. If you do all of these things, there is no reason why your mini split will not last up to 20 years.
Are Midea mini splits quiet?
Midea mini splits use inverter technology which ensures the system functions at low decibel levels. While different Midea mini split systems function at different decibel levels, all of them are very quiet, making them a great choice for all those who hate noisy air conditioners.
From where you can buy a Midea mini split?
You can purchase a Midea mini split from a local dealer in your area.